April 14, 2007

Painting the Plate

  • Do I need to do anything to the plate before writing my name on it?
  • What if I make a mistake and need to erase the paint?
  • How do I cure the paint?
  • Can I put food on the painted plate?

Do I need to anything to the plate before writing my name on it?
If there are any surface oils on the plate, the pen won't adhere. Just hand wash the plate with a gentle detergent to remove surface oils. Wash your hands, too, so any oils or lotions on your hands to get on the plate. When the plate and your hands are dry and clean, use the special paint pen to write your name on the plate.


What if I make a mistake and need to erase the paint?
You can "erase" the uncured paint if you need to. Use a cotton swab or tissue with a dab of window cleaner to erase any mistakes.
Once the paint has been cured by baking in the oven, however, the paint is permanent.


How do I cure the paint?
The only equipment or supplies you need to cure the paint is a little waiting time and the oven in your own kitchen. For complete instructions, read "How Do I Do It?"

The instructions are also written on the special pen.


Can I put food on the painted plate?
Once cured, the painted plate is food safe for finger foods. We do not recommend eating regular meals on the painted plate, as metal utensils can scratch the paint. Bacteria could get under the scratched paint. As long as the paint is not scratched, the paint is food safe.

This special pen conforms to ASTM D-4236. For more specific information about the pen, visit the Pebeo website. (This link will open a new window to take you to a page not affiliated with Pass It On Plates.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We ♥ comments!

Powered By Blogger