March 12, 2008

I'm #2! (and 3, 5, 6, 7, and 9)

Oh the joys of nerdy fun.
I periodically Google myself to see how my name ranks in the great Googleverse. In past Googles of my name I discovered there are other Pam Hawks around the US. Their careers range from real estate and accounting to dentistry. My first name Google put me near the bottom of page three.

Since taking Pass It On Plates online my name has moved up in rank. Today I was (nerdily) excited to see I'm #2. Not only that, but I take up seven of the top ten spots on page one.

Of course, I realize this may change tomorrow, but for today I'm happy with this. My goal, of course, is to be #1.

Googling Pass It On Plates (no quotes) has me in spot #12 on page two. Today, anyway. That's moving up, too, but not as quickly. My goal for that is to be #1, as well.

Have you Googled your name? How close to #1 are you today? Have you seen your rank increase over time as you continue blogging? How about your blog name?

Did you know that posting your comments with your name/URL will help you move up the ranks in search engines? If you did, good for you! If you didn't, here's more info about how commenting on other blogs helps your search engine rank.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We ♥ comments!

Powered By Blogger