Last Thursday I was making a bunch of Pretty Little Doo Dads and was busy making a bazillion hot pink bows. The glue gun was out and I became distracted by some bottle caps on the fridge.
Digging through a drawer, I found a handful of other bottle caps and a package of round magnets. Here is what I spent the next half hour making:
Would you like to make some? Easy peasy.
1. Plug in your glue gun to heat it up.
2. While waiting for the glue to heat up, drink a bottle of pop for the cap. Or you can have a beer. Just make sure that if the cap is not the screw-off type it doesn't get warped by the bottle opener. Have you been collecting bottle caps for such a project? Go find em. We'll wait for you.
3. Pump about 3 or 4 triggers of glue into the bottle cap, and let cool until just barely firm. This will elevate the surface the magnet sits on so the magnet will be able to contact the surface you'll stick it to...
Like the fridge, as it holds up your grocery list...
...the list that reminds you to buy more pop. Or beer.
4. Squeeze a blob of glue to the magnet and carefully place it in the center of the cap. Be careful not to burn yourself as you hold it in the center. Use a toothpick if you're chicken. The magnet will want to slide to the rim and stick there. The rim is metal, after all. Push on the magnet, if necessary, to level it out.
5. When cool, stick it on the fridge. Or wherever. I stuck three to a card and sent it to my friend.